Other Burials of Interest Image Viewer
Oakwood
   
google movie See video
History of the Prairie Springs Cemetery
GPS ref: ?????????,????????
Prairie Springs Cemetery - Associated for many years with the Prairie Springs Methodist Episcopal Church, South, this cemetery dates to 1866, when the infant grandson of R. W. Berry was buried here. Berry formally deeded land for the graveyard in 1880, although several other burials took place here before that time. The Prairie Springs Church moved to the town of Ben Wheeler (2 mi. SE) in 1893, but title to the cemetery was not formally transferred to the Prairie Springs Cemetery Association until 1949. The large graveyard is the burial ground for many of the area's pioneers and their descendants. (1985) Decimal degrees: N 32.463712 W -95.729156 Degrees, minutes: N 32 27.823 W 095 43.749 UTM: Zone 15, Easting 243481, Northing 3595117
http://www.austintxgensoc.org/cemeteries/amp.php