Points of Interest Image Viewer
Edom shop
Edom Potters Shed Memorial to Dr Brewer
Entrance to Edom Edom tire shop
   
Oakwood
The Shed Cafe
 
 
   
google movie See video
History of the Edom Cemetery
GPS ref: ?????????,????????
The first burial in Edom Cemetery was of William Featherston who passed away on April 11, 1857. He was buried near a grove of tall oak trees where his family had camped to the west of town. Edom Cemetery is the third oldest in Van Zandt County. On May 12, 2007, the town celebrated this historic cemetery's 150th anniversary.

Edom, at the crossing of Farm roads 279, 314, and 2339, sixteen miles southeast of Canton in southeast Van Zandt County, is the third oldest town in the county. It was first established several miles from its present site in 1849 and organized as a post office called Hamburg in 1852. In 1855 the post office moved one mile south of the present townsite. There it was renamed Edom for the name given to Esau in the book of Genesis.